Wednesday, March 25

Motivation

Is a fickle animal... Polska, I have some different motivations than you. I have ALWAYS been the fat guy and that determination to NOT be the fat guy is something I guess you can't really feel. My goal has stayed the same since I started a year ago... My weight NEEDS to start with a 1... It hasn't started with a 1 since I turned 19 and got into weights... So, that over-riding motiviation helps me each and every day.

However, along the way, there has been different motivations:

1) When I started, doing 10 dips was huge. CHECK

2) Then doing 10 weighted dips. CHECK

3) 10 chin-ups... EHH, still in progress, now stuck at 6... I really SUCK at chin-ups

4) To get to the END of the killer 7 minute leg set you experienced Polska :) CHECK

Then I got a little slackass once I hit the 50 pound mark... I took about 45 days to really fuck off on my diet. Excercise never slacked but I gained some weight back.

5) My wife decided to get involved. That was a whole NEW motivation. I wanted HER to succeed so that REALLY helped my diet. She needed to lose a couple of the baby weight but she has REALLY gone above and beyond and lost 25 pounds. That has helped me with the diet IMMENSELY.

6) My cardio started to get boring... I decided to jump into running. I figured IF I hit my weight loss goal, I would love to be able to get a triathlon in at the end of the summer. SO, I started by setting up a goal on www.nikeplus.com to have 10 runs in March that averaged UNDER 6 minutes per KM. Once I hit that, I have NOW set a goal to run 150K in the next 4 weeks. This has kept my cardio up.

7) From a weights perspective, I feel that rut coming on. My way to get around that is to look up NEW exercises and change the workouts. That way, I can still feel that incredible pain every morning that shows I am doing something right.

This whole process has also been a BIT of an anchor for me. I have had some tough times work wise that hasn't been a lot of fun. So having this positive factor to hang on to has always helped. Again Polska, you are into a new relationship so this really doesn't apply to you.

I hope this helps... BUT, it may not... My ramblings RARELY help people.

No comments: