Wednesday, September 3

Withdrawal

I dropped HER off with her husband at the airport this morning and already have withdrawal. This morning I ran my speed workout on the treadmill alone, upping the speed as I go into the last four weeks of marathon training. Here is the 7 mile breakdown:

1 mile warm up

400 @ 6:30
400 recovery

800 @ 7:00
400 recovery

1 mile @ 7:30
800 recovery

800 @ 7:15
400 recovery

400 @ 7:00
400 recovery

1 mile @ 7:30

1 mile cool down

So here is this week's workout schedule, this week we have the longest run on the calendar prior to the marathon.

Monday - 5 mile tempo run
Tuesday - Mountain conditioning
Wednesday - 7 mile speed workout
Thursday - Mountain conditioning
Friday - OFF
Saturday - 3 mile warm up run
Sunday - 22 mile long run

Don't even get me started on my hamstring pain after taking a full month off of mountain conditioning. Yesterday was my first class back, and although it was nice to see Allison and Carl sweating at 5:30 am, I hate them both today.

Kirk, what's up with you? Are you alive? I need more Kirk time to compensate for my 5 days without Allison time.

No comments: