I've been planning to post this week, and in fact was mid-writing when Kirk posted. So here I go on an update.
Motivation has been waning at work lately so I haven't even had the heart to get online and post. Typical of Microsoft, I'm in a constant flux of reorgs that mean you never feel like you have true direction at work. Dealing with ambiguity is totally possible, it just gets to you after more than a year of it. Luckily, this hasn't totally translated to the training.
Marathon training is going well and I'm begining to taper. Good thing because the energy stores have been low after a 22 miler followed by an 18 miler this last weekend. I dropped the mountain conditioning for this home stretch, just focussing on running and rest. This week calls for a 15 mile long run, next weekend 10 miles and then the marathon the week after. I forget what it's like to have a free weekend! We're actually going to do our 15 miler on Friday (tomorrow) before work so that we have the weekend to enjoy ourselves and not think about a long run for once.
As for diet, still good. Eating lots of healthy carbs, plenty of good fats (avocado is my friend) and good, lean proteins and cheese. On September 2nd, Colby and I started a $500, 6 month bet. He can't chew tabacco AT ALL, and I have drinking restrictions. Here are my rules:
Monday to Thursday, no alcohol at all. I know that might seem easy, but these are my typical drinking days because they are prime happy hour days, and because my long runs fall on weekends. I can have two drinks Friday, whatever I want Saturday, and two drinks on Sunday. I may choose to go all out on a Friday night (instead of Saturday), but to compensate I have to be completely dry Saturday and Sunday. Make sense?
This has been tough, so thank God the stakes are high. I have to admit, passing up on happy hour or not drinking has been tough, but it's nice not having a hangover at work. Also, because I've been drinking more than 2 drinks on Fridays, I have basically averaged only one night of drinking a week for the last three weeks. Pretty good right? This has been the best thing that could have happened, because there were plenty of opportunities to drink in these last three weeks. This is going to stretch until the day after my birthday (March 2nd), but I think I'll apply the policy going forward.
Best deal of all, is that I'm moving the needle on my weight loss. I'm down to 150.2 lbs which I haven't been since last December. I tried on my skinny jeans today and actually got them zipped up! I could almost wear them to work, and could probably get away with them at a club. Still a little tight in the ass. :-) I also got measured this morning, since my last set was taken on July 31st. Here are the numbers since the start:
Chest: 38 in --> 37.25 in (-0.75 in) --> 38 in (+0.75 in) --> 38 in (no change)
Waist: 31.5 in --> 30.5 in (-1.0 in) --> 30.5 in (no change) --> 30 in (-0.5 in)
Hips: 41.75 in --> 41.5 in (-0.25 in) --> 41 in (-0.5 in) --> 39 in (-2.0 in… not sure this is right?)
R Thigh: 24.5 in --> 23.75 in (-0.75 in) --> 24.5 in (+0.75 in) --> 23.75 in (-0.75 in)
R Arm: 10.75 in --> 11 in (+0.25 in) --> 10.5 in (-0.5 in) --> 10.75 in (+0.25 in)
I hope this isn't just a result of the long runs, and that the speed work is helping with the weight loss. I really want to maintain the momentum, or at least stay at this weight. I'll be looking for the motivation after the marathon.
Speaking of which, T-17 days to Portland. T-7 days to Baby Gaskell. Kirk, is Ange feeling like she might go early... late, on time? And how can camel toe be a good thing?
And speaking for someone who has a big but flat ass, I concur. No spandex for this baby, unless it's got a LuLu Lemon logo and gives me that sweet, sweet lift. :-)
Thursday, September 18
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
The c-section is scheduled for Thursday. Technically it is 2 weeks early so she SHOULDN'T go early.
The camel toe was on a very very in shape young lady.
Post a Comment