Friday, October 10

Sick

It's like being in school all over again and holding off until your last exam is over and then coming down with a cold.

The last two weeks before the marathon my coworkers were dropping like flies. Two of my teammates, both of whom I travelled next to on planes to and from Indianapolis and partied with until 3 am got sick, one with strep throat. I felt it coming on at times the week of the marathon but it held off. It felt like it was coming all week and it finally took over yesterday. Sore throat, lack of energy, sneezing, aches... I'm sure running in rain for 4+ hours didn't help.

I rode my bike on my trainer for 30 minutes Wednesday afternoon and ran on the treadmill at the gym for 30 minutes Thursday afternoon. My heart just isn't in it, and I hope it's just the cold and marathon talking. I really hope that by next week I'll be back at it in the mornings.

Kirk, 20 lbs by December 18th is totally doable. I would like to get down to about 145 lbs (about 6-7 lbs) by then myself. I think it will take a lot of work, and I have to get my diet back in order asap. Can't slide the opposite direction for a few weeks because the climb back will be tough! That said, I'm not unhappy at the weight I'm at now and would be completely content if I stayed here.

My camera drought is over, Julio gave me his completely functional digital camera because he's getting a new one. I no longer have an excuse for not taking progress shots. Once I get some of this residual bloating down, I'll take one more set next week and post before and afters in a bikini. Ok, maybe I'll email them to those of you who are interested instead. :-)

I will post this weekend about other upcoming goals and races...

No comments: