Monday, October 13

Oh Puppy!

I'm irritated. I spent the weekend doing nothing other than cooking and babysitting Kristina and Fritz's dog. I haven't worked out, I feel fat and lazy. I woke up this morning and all I could say was "oh puppy". I'm getting over the hump of this cold but I'm dripping and draining and hacking up phlegm. I didn't drag my ass out of bed to workout this morning. It's cold, rainy and I'm in a bad mood.

I'm working from home again today so I'm going to try to force myself to run for 30 minutes. I have to light a fire under my ass. I know I should just stay put and get rest, but I'm worried that I'm never going to get back to exercising after this marathon. And even though I know I'm still recovering from the run, and I'm sick, a little part of me is scared that I'm not getting up because I don't want to leave the warm body that I am getting used to waking up next to every morning in bed. I don't want to be one of those people that get fat when they get into a serious relationship. Been there, oh yeah I have, done that.

Against all common sense, I'm going to get myself dressed and get out the door. It's rainy, crappy, cold... but oh well. Now or never right? There was something that got me a little excited this morning. I find Gary Vaynerchuk pretty hilarious, and often inspirational. His Web 2.0 keynote speech is so him, it's priceless.

http://garyvaynerchuk.com/2008/09/23/my-web-20-keynote-in-nyc/

Oh, and the pictures from the marathon are up. Here are the ones I could pull together... I know I look like a wet rat with a double chin, and cut me some slack for the nippons. :-)

http://www.racephotos.net/RunnerDetails.asp?nRunnerID=648484

1 comment:

slimsmoe said...

As your nurse on the other side of the continent I'm telling you that you should LISTEN TO YOUR BODY!!! You just ran a marathon and your body has probably been trying to fight this for a while... don't fret you will turn into who you were when you were in your last relationship, your body is just trying to tell you that it needs a bit of time to rest!