Discliamer: Blame Aleks for giving me permission to share my obessessions with weight loss and gain and of course my fear of growing old.
My name is LoHo and I work with Aleks. The reason I'm here - well Aleks and I have the extreme pleasure of working at one of the best companies in the world. A company where - back in the day - if you wore pants over your boxer shorts, shoes instead of mocasine slippers, and actually took a shower more than once a week you were considered the hot babe of the office. Unfortunately Aleks and I do not live in those dark, but wonderful times. Our office culture has changed and along with the great family benefits, values for balancing work and life, and free sparkling water has come an abundance of skinny, happy, smiley, tight jean, high heel wearing, young bitches...excuse me hot twenty something girls. They trot down the halls smiling their newly bleached teeth and deep clevage - putting mid-tier managers and executives into a sexual frenzy that would shutter the best of HR departments.
None the less, this leaves me with no other choice, but to slim down, dress up, and obsess about my weight and disappearing youth like the rest of them (The bleached teeth and botox are coming - just waiting for that tax return).
You are so right - I do have another choice - I could sit there in the company cafeteria with my grande hold the skim, give me all the fat double mocha capp and bavarian creme filled donut and watch my gut grow from a muffin top to freaking popover, but I just can't. I just don't want to be the fattest cow in the all hands meeting.. and its as simple as that.
So now you know a little about me.. I really look forward to blogging and sharing my experiences and stories.
Saturday, February 7
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment